Would you like to help us by making a donation?
As is the case with all Church of England Parishes, St Wilfrid’s receives NO direct funding whatsoever from government sources.
Whilst the Parish does benefit from a number of historic endowments, most of which are restricted to providing for the upkeep of the fabric of the Grade 2* listed St Wilfrid’s church building, the Parish is entirely dependent upon the generosity of its congregation and well-wishers to provide for the day-to-day expenses of running a large town centre Parish. These costs are substantial, at around £300 per day.
These congregational donations help to:
- sustain parish clergy in post, serving the local community
- sustain the work and mission of the church with young families and St Wilfrid’s Church of England School
- care for the ill, lonely and bereaved and the elderly members of our communities
- sustain the opening of our church buildings – as places of worship at the centre of the community, open for all to wander in and out, for regular services, for major festivals and community events, and for those important family occasions in our lives – baptisms, weddings and funerals
- to serve a number of local schools as a Christian resource as well as being a venue for occasional community services and concerts
- to sustain a Christian presence to promote the values which matter in our local community and society
If you would like to support the work of the Church in this Parish, our bank account details for donations are:
Sort Code: 60-10-26 Account number: 03489566
Please use the word “donation” as your reference. If your donation is eligible for Gift Aid, please could you e-mail your name and address, including the postcode, together with the value of your donation to: firstname.lastname@example.org . This will increase the value of your gift by 25p in every £ at no cost to yourself, and will also enable us to acknowledge receipt of your donation.
Alternatively: you can donate via the CAF scheme here: CAF link
The Parish is also able to accept one-off donations by cheque, which should be made payable to “St Wilfrid’s PCC”, and sent to The Treasurer, c/o The Parish Office, St Wilfrid’s Way, Haywards Heath, RH16 3QH.
If you live or work in Haywards Heath, and care about the Christian presence in this town, could you make a commitment to support us by giving on a regular basis? This would be
- The most effective way of ensuring a regular income to support the day to day activities of the Church
- And would enable the Parochial Church Council (the governing body) to plan ahead and budget with confidence.
You can give by Standing Order, or a Weekly Envelope handed in at church.
If you already make domestic payments by standing order, using the same method to give to the church…
- Helps to plan your giving as part of your normal expenditure
- Keeps your giving up to date if you cannot be in church for any reason
- Avoids the desperate last minute search for cash to put in an envelope
- Reduces church administration
To make a regular donation by Standing Order/Weekly Envelope, or to leave a tax-free legacy to St Wilfrid’s Parish in your will, please e-mail email@example.com for further information.