To enquire about WEDDINGS during the period of our vacancy, please email the churchwardens, email@example.com. Your enquiry will be passed on to the clergy team.
Further information on Getting Married in Church can be found here on the Church of England website
As previously, you can be married in a parish church if you live in that parish.
Additionally, since October 2008, under the Church of England’s Marriage Measure, couples may marry in any of its parish churches where they have a family or other special connection, whether or not they live in that parish.
If you would like to be married in either church in St Wilfrid’s Parish, you are welcome to, provided that:
- One of you was baptised or prepared for confirmation in our parish; or
- One of you has ever lived in our parish for six months or more; or
- One of you has at any time regularly attended public worship in our parish for six months or more; or
- One of your parents has lived in our parish for six months or more in his or her son or daughter’s lifetime; or
- One of your parents has regularly attended public worship in our parish for six months or more in his or her son or daughter’s lifetime; or
- Your parents or grandparents were married in our parish.
(All of these refer to Church of England services.)
Under certain circumstances it may be possible for second marriages to take place in our churches.
Download a printable leaflet with details of our arrangements for weddings.